Meal Prep Routine #2
Friday Favorites: February 25, 2021
I’m a few months into my experience with Noom and I’ve found I stick to the plan much better when I make the effort to do some weekly meal prep. Although I tend to be a creature of habit I love changing up our weekly meal-prep routine. This week I’ve put together a selection of meals and snacks I often include in my meal-prepping. If you missed my first meal-prep routine you can find it here!
This plan includes Egg & Ham Cups, Ham Pizza Cups (I guess I was diggin’ the ham this week), Bean and Tomato Ragu, Air Fryer Matchstick Carrots, Apple Cinnamon Pizza Sticks, and a variety of grab ‘n go snacks.
Below is my second meal-prep routine, including a shopping list and recipe cards for you to save/print. And remember, I’ve created a color-coded system for recipe organization: breakfast, lunch and dinner, dessert, drinks, and snacks. So, put on some music or your favorite show and let’s prep!
Egg & Ham Cups
This is a protein-packed option for breakfast; add whatever ingredients you have available in your kitchen. The recipe card shows a typical recipe I make frequently, but I change it up by adding broccoli, sausage, etc. These reheat easily in the microwave for a delicious grab ‘n go morning meal!
Ham Pizza Cups
Who wouldn’t like pizza bites in a crispy ham “cup”? These are very versatile, easy-to-eat and can be adapted with whatever’s in your kitchen. I think they’re best right out of the oven but like the Egg & Ham Cups, they reheat well.
Bean & Tomato Ragu
I used to make this Ragu weekly when I was on Weight Watchers a few years ago and I’ve recently come back to it while on Noom. This savory and flavorful combination can be enjoyed on its own or added to enhance other meals, like a topping for pasta.
Apple Cinnamon Pizza Sticks
Hello, dessert pizza! I included this in my meal plan and shopping list but not in my routine because I think it tastes best right out of the oven. Pizza crust, oats, apples, spices, and caramel sauce, what could be better?
Snacks / Grab ‘n Go
- Air Fryer Matchstick Carrots (recipe below)
- Apples with PB2 (peanut butter powder) dip
- Hard-boiled eggs
- Beef jerky
Air Fryer Matchstick Carrots
I love carrots and when I heard they could be air-fried I had to give it a try. Let me tell you, this recipe calls for one bag of matchstick carrots and I could eat the whole thing in one sitting! They shrink down quite a bit so I’d even suggest making two bags at once. I think these are best eaten right away or within one day. These carrots are crunchy, sweet and savory, all in one easy snack.
- Preheat your oven to 375° F
- Chop and start sautéing your onions (enough for Egg & Ham Cups, Ham Pizza Cups, and Bean & Tomato Ragu – 1.5 cups using these recipes)
- Begin browning the Lean Ground Turkey
- Once the onion is cooked, start the Bean & Tomato Ragu
- While the Ragu is simmering, scramble onion with egg and cheese for the Egg & Ham Cups.
- Assemble Egg & Ham Cups and put in the oven.
- Finish Bean & Tomato Ragu, portion, or place in a large, sealable container.
- Remove Egg & Ham Cups from oven and portion in aluminum foil or sealable container.
- Portion snacks of apple slices, berries, and grapes.
- Mix and portion the PB2 dip: I use 2 tbs. PB2 powder, a packet of Truvia, 1 tbs. plain greek yogurt, and a dash of vanilla.
- I can often find snack size bags of beef jerky and pickles at the store. If not, I buy bulk and portion them into containers (I love these Stasher reusable storage bags).
Tip: Plan the amounts on your shopping list based on the portions you plan to make for the size of your family.
Additional Quick-Meal Items: I’ve been stocking our kitchen with chicken breast, MorningStar Farms Spicy Black Bean Burgers and Tomato Basil Pizza Burgers, salad kits, steamable sweet potatoes, and fresh broccoli or other veggies for roasting. And yes, there are still always two bags of Atkins Sweet & Salty Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Crunch Bites in our cupboard!